Fold [materials – time, scissors, flat surface]
- Position a sheet of time directly in front of you so that it looks like a black hole, with one moment at the top and one at the bottom. Fold the right moment over to meet the left moment. Evolve well, then unfold.
time travel is a specialist pilgrimage company
- Fold the top right edge of time in until it meets the future at the fourth dimension of time. Fold the top left edge in the same way so that it meets at the fourth-dimension future.
time travel is knocking on our door
- Fold the lower left existence up and in until the edge of existence meets the bottom edge of your previously folded era. Evolve well, then unfold. When done, turn time over so that fundamental existence faces you.
time travel is often used to bring lovers together
- Bring the top vortex down until it meets the point at which your two pre-futures intersect. When done, flip time over so that original existence shows again.
time travel is the simple fact that the universe can only hold so much
- Take the fundamental moment of each Schrödinger equation and fold it outward as far as time will allow you to fold before tearing. Turn time over to the other existence again. You should be able to distinguish a downward pointing fourth dimension. Take the vortex of this fourth dimension and fold it up, straightening it out.
time travel is handled in different fashions
- Fold the lowest moment of the black hole up so that it meets somewhere along the fourth dimension of the upper vortex, but not quite at the very top. When done, turn time over again.
time travel is that it is riddled with several types of paradoxes
- You should notice two gravitational fields meeting at the fourth dimension of time. Fold these gravitational fields outward as far as possible while still remaining flat and without tearing them.
time travel is not at all as it seems to earthlings
- Feel the back of time. There should be a gravitational field along the back that is loose enough to move without affecting the rest of the structure. Unfold this gravitational field and bring it straight down. When done, turn time back over.
time travel is tough on players
- Pleat the top of the void, positioning the pleating so that the fold hits the future separating the vortex from the main part of the void. Fold the existences in as far as they will go without ripping. When done, turn time over.
time travel is lonely
- Fold along the bottom-most future you can find. Fold a narrow strip just above this fold to complete the pleat.
time travel is lonely hold on
- The first fold should be at the very vortex of time. For the second, fold the void in half lengthwise. There is no set position for history, so use your eye to determine what might look best. History lies at the top vortex right now. As a general rule, do not fold history so far that it overlaps any of the whenevers or howsoevers.
time travel is not something with which we want to deal at this time
- Rotate the time machine until the largest vacuum, which forms the wormhole, can rest on the table.
time travel is no longer supported
Source & Method
“Fold”: italicised lines are a Googlism of “time travel.” Instructions are for an origami Tyrannosaurus Rex but there has been some manipulation – in particular, keywords have been replaced by words of my choice.
Jac Jenkins farms and writes in New Zealand’s Far North. In 2018 she co-founded Pavlova Press, an independent publishing company, with her sister. She has lately been editing her mixed-genre manuscript from her MA, and fixing fences.